Sunday, August 9, 2009

Add a Custom Favicon to your Blogger Website


  • Find a picture that you like on the internet that's fairly simple and represents your site.
  • Log In
  • Layout
  • Edit HTML
  • Download Full Template (Optional)
  • Ctrl+F and search for: </head>
  • Directly above it paste this HTML code:
    <link href='YOUR-FAVICON-URL' rel='shortcut icon'/>
    <link href='YOUR-FAVICON-URL' rel='icon'/>

  • Paste your image's URL where it says YOUR-FAVICON-URL both times.
  • Save Template
  • NOTE: Usually the favicon is best seen when viewed in the Mozilla Firefox web browser.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! I've been wondering if this was possible. Thanks for sharing.

    Check me out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rule!

    I used every hack and trick on this blog except of 3 I think and I was able to solve a few things that have been bothering me for years (stupid borders around images and header) or increase the width of the columns.

    Thank you so much!

    Now if only I would find a way to be able to add a more height to my header image...

    Thanx again!

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post and helpful tips. I really like your site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is now possible to change your favicon from the blogger layout area by just uploading your new favicon-you can create one here-http://www.widgetsofvalue.com/2013/12/favicon-generator.html
    I did mine and am very happy with it!

    ReplyDelete